Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Connecting with Readers

Today’s authors have numerous means to connect with readers, far exceeding what was available twenty years ago. The growth of the internet and the advent of social media have dramatically expanded the possibilities for unknown authors to gain a following. While it is paramount for authors to take advantage of these tools, nothing can truly replace face-to-face interaction. Accordingly, I have a busy fall schedule with a steady stream of personal appearances, where I hope to find new readers and meet my growing list of fans. Here is what is currently scheduled:
  • September 2-3: My fall tour kicks off at Meta Con on Labor Day weekend in Minneapolis, where I will be hosting a booth with another Minnesota-born author, Christopher D. Schmitz. On Friday and Saturday of the event, I will be there selling and signing books, meeting readers, and answering questions.
  • September 7: I am the featured author at Barnes & Nobel Bella Terra in Huntington Beach, CA, where I will be signing books and meeting readers from 6pm to 8pm to raise funds for the Fountain Valley High School PTSA.
  • September 17-18: Come see me at the Long Beach Comic Con. It will be a fun event with cosplay and prize giveaways for attendees who stop by my booth.
  • October 6: October begins with the launch of my new novel, THE EMBLEM THRONE, the second book inTHE RUNES OF ISSALIA Look for pre-order specials to appear on my website in mid-September with copies of the book shipping out in mid-October.
  • October 9: You can’t make it to any of the locations I have listed? Join me online as I participate in Virtual Fantasy Con as a featured author of Epic Fantasy books.
  • October 15: I am the featured author in Black Rose Writing’s booth at the Vegas Valley Book Festival in historic downtown Las Vegas.
  • October 16: You can’t make it to any of the locations I have listed? Join me online for Virtual Fantasy Conas it features authors who write YA Fantasy books.
  • October 28-30: I am hosting my own booth at Stan Lee’s Comikaze at the LA Convention Center. It will be three days of fun for attendees who to revel in comics, cosplay, and geek culture. Yes, my books can be lumped into that last bucket.
  • November 1: Are you interested in learning more about my writing process and about the possible routes to publication? I invite you to attend my workshop, A Writer’s Journey, at the Huntington Beach Public Library at 6pm to kick off …..month at HBPL.
Beyond the events listed above, I will somehow squeeze in a launch party for THE EMBLEM THRONE in the third week of October, despite the fact that I am also in the process of remodeling a house and moving.
No matter how busy I am, I will always have time for my fans. I sincerely thank those of you who have read my book and am extremely grateful to those who have provided reviews on AmazonGoodreads, and other book-related sites. I hope to see you amidst my upcoming events.

No comments:

Post a Comment