Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sitting Upon The Emblem Throne

I began seeking a publisher once I finished writing The Buried Symbol, a novel that is part of a larger story designed to span three books. Still entrenched within that story and seeing a clear path for where to take it, I decided to work on the second book while conducting my search. Although it took me a whole year to write the first draft of book 1, I was able to crank out a draft of book 2 in just four months, completing it before I even found my publisher.
With a contract signed and a release date to meet, the editing and production cycle for The Buried Symbol required my attention, while my draft of the sequel gathered dust. By the time I began editing book 2, The Buried Symbol was about to release and my productivity was limited with the distraction of marketing and sales efforts.
Here comes the good news: On August 13, 2016, almost a year after I began writing it, I submitted the final copy of book 2 to my publisher. Yes! It feels so good!
Before I discuss the book’s contents, I want to thank my family members for their roles as beta readers and send a special thanks to my editor, Sheryl, for doing a wonderful job in challenging me to produce the best book possible.
Now, about the book:
While Brock remains the protagonist throughout the series, The Emblem Throne reveals more about the other main characters, exposing their backgrounds and motivations so readers feel more connected to them. Expect more magic, more discoveries, and a lot more action in book 2. In fact, I find it almost exhausting because so much happens in the last third of the book. This is necessary because the payoff is coming in book 3 with a lot more action and there is no time to drag things out. Hopefully, readers will be surprised by what occurs and what is revealed.
I have included a synopsis of book 2, The Emblem Throne, below as a preview. Look for it to go up for pre-order in September. I thank all who purchased The Buried Symbol. Without you, there would be no second book.
The Emblem Throne will release for print on October 6, with the eBook following two weeks later.
-Jeff
A Synopsis of THE EMBLEM THRONE: Book II of The Runes of Issalia
Journey on a magical quest to save the world
In pursuit of their dreams to become Masters within the Ministry, Brock and his friends resume their training at the Academy, an institution founded on magic, science, knowledge, law, and combat. Unbeknownst to them, an expansive web of conspiracies and deceit exists within the Ministry and the Academy, hidden behind a veil of benevolence and piety. The exposure of one of these secrets forces Brock and his friends to flee the institution with their lives in the balance.
Joined by a fierce Tantarri warrior, the group embarks on a dangerous quest beset with monsters, both human and beast, to locate a throne that has been lost for centuries. Guided by the cryptic words of an ancient prophecy, and backed by a forbidden magic that they are still learning to wield, they journey across the continent to save humanity from extinction.

No comments:

Post a Comment